Parts for the keypad
– Teensy 3.1, 3.2, LC, etc… or Arduino-based stuff like the Micro, Trinket, Due, Leonardo, etc…
– 4 x Cherry MX switch of choice (salvaged or new) (Get plate-mount if mounting via the plate; use PCB mount if your case is thick)
– 4 x Cherry MX key caps of choice (salvaged or new)
– 24-30 AWG wire
– Soldering Iron
– Arduino IDE w/ Teensy Bootloader
– LEDs (Optional)
– 3D printer (or get it printed somewhere)
– Nuts and bolts of choice (M5 nuts and bolts)
– Sketchup (or Blender; any 3D modelling program of choice)
– Filament of choice
The way of the laser or CNC cutting
– AutoCAD or Solidworks -> basically anything that can generate a g-code compatible file.
– Sheet metal or acryclic (1.5mm for metal, 2mm – 2.5mm acrylic)
– A shop that can cut for you or access to a cutting machine.